Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hand Held, zines and me

Hand Held Gallery has been stocking my zines since my very first effort, A Short Book about Long Hair was published by Moth Woman Press in 2009. In fact, I seem to remember that Hand Held Director Megan Herring bought one of the first copies.

A selection of my book art at Hand Held Gallery, June, 2013.
Photograph by Tim Gresham. Click on image to enlarge.















Several years and zines later, even those reasonably familiar with my work were not necessarily aware of this facet of it - at least until now. It follows that they will have been equally unaware of the existence of Hand Held Gallery, as I've always sold my zines exclusively through them. During the run of my solo show Tall Tales, many more people have discovered them - in fact, they have never sold so well.

Card Sharps zine, 2013, made especially for Tall Tales. Photograph: DK.
In less than a week Tall Tales will close and so will the gallery. For those who won't have a chance to call in and say goodbye, this post features a selection of my book art at Hand Held Gallery.

I will be in the gallery on the final day, Saturday July 6, between 2.30 - 5 pm. If you feel like dropping in for a chat, you'll be made very welcome. For more details, visit Hand Held Gallery's site HERE.