Saturday, August 12, 2017

PRINT COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA PRINT COMMISSION 2017 AND A FUTURE BOOK LAUNCH


Earlier this week, on Tuesday, August 8, the ten Print Council of Australia PCA Print Commission prints were launched at Collins Place Gallery, Melbourne. My archival pigment print, Pressed for Time, an edition of 30 (pictured above) was one of them.


Among the many visitors on the night was author Lucy Sussex (next to me, above right). Over the years, my work has graced the front cover of three of her books. Lucy has just been awarded a State Library of Victoria Fellowship, so there was much to celebrate.


Also present (above, right) was Sue Westwood, Business Manager of the Melbourne Athenaeum Library, which later this year will host an entirely different, if somewhat belated launch, that of my artist book Leaves of Absence. (Further details, including why I deliberately chose to delay the launch, will be the subject of a future post). Sue's sister, Diane Masters, is another of this year's print commission artists. 

To view all of this year's PCA Print Commission works, go HERE. 

For more snapshots of Tuesday evening's launch, visit my art blog HERE.