Thursday, November 15, 2018

IMPRESSIONS 2018


Tomorrow evening at 6 pm, when the Australian Print Workshop finally throws open its doors to IMPRESSIONS 2018, its eagerly-anticipated biennial fundraiser, I’ll still be scratching my head and wondering where the last two years went to.


As a preview of sorts, here is Alice casting a critical eye over my IMPRESSIONS lino block shortly after I had finished the carving.

My linocut was printed by APW master printer Simon White and is limited edition of 20. Without giving too much away, Simon has cleverly incorporated Chine-collé into the work, a serendipitous, as well as aesthetically pleasing decision, as it turns out. I’ve just noticed that his choice of paper is a pretty close match to the colour of Alice’s eyes.

Opening night is Friday, 16 November 2018, from 6 – 8 pm. 

IMPRESSIONS 2018,
Australian Print Workshop Gallery,
210 Gertrude Street,
Fitzroy, Vic.

Gallery hours: 10 am - 5pm Tuesday to Saturday

The exhibition runs to 16 February, 2019.